The EX12 is a packet broker designed to have a good price to performance ratio; the EX12 supports 12 x 10 Gbit interfaces and a combination of 8 native copper or 8 SFP interfaces for Gbit. As usual, this product utilizes non-blocking design and the use of thousands of filters is possible without impacting product function.
Advantages of EX12
- Filters and load-balances traffic from a 10 Gbps link to multiple 1-Gbps monitoring tools
- Aggregates multiple 1 Gbps links to 10 Gbps monitoring tools
- Supports traffic modification as well as changing, removing and adding VLANs
- No additional software costs, all applications included in the unit price
- 8 x 10/100/1000 Base-T or 8 x 1000 Base-X & 12 x 10 Gbit SFP+
- Layer 4 traffic modification
- Layer 4 filtering
- Filtering: 2000 rules
- Session-aware load balancing
A bypass is a hardware device that provides a fail-safe access port for an in-line active security appliance. EX12 monitors the health of the active, in-line appliance by sending heartbeats to the in-line security appliance. As long as the in-band security appliance is on-line, the heartbeat packets will be returned to the EX12, and the link traffic will continue to flow through the in-line security appliance. This function also works on the copper ports with a copper hardware switch. This allows the in-line appliance to be removed or serviced without impacting network traffic.
!Note: The power footprint is important for devices that run 24/7